I went to NBI this afternoon, was interviewed, submitted my DOST certification, signed the affidavit and received my clearance after a few minutes. As those parts are concerned, my experience is a lot better compared to last year. The interviewer now looks descent, unlike last year who was shirtless and smelled so bad. Though he was smoking while speaking with me, but I could tolerate that.
But when my name was called to receive the clearance, I wasn't aware that I had to fall in line, and would need to wait for their assistance for my thumb mark to be printed. There wasn't any directions posted which told me to do so, and I was the first one who received the certificate as the first few people before me are in the hitlist and were advised to come back after 3 weeks. Yes, I was reprimanded, by a bossy person to wait for my turn (since my impatient being just dictated myself to place my thumb on that gadget and print my thumb mark). I just said sorry, I don't know their new rules. Fine, it was ok but then, after I've thought everything was finished, he was commanding me to buy their envelope worth 5 pesos. I immediately said no, got my paper from him and walked away.
As I was in the motorcycle, I've realized how unbecoming of a public servant he is. He shouldn't be treating the people that way. The rest didn't have a choice but to buy the envelope. His voice was domineering that people thought purchasing his envelopes (which are overpriced anyway) is compulsory. I'm really passive that my reactions were too delayed. My heart was pounding too fast and I've found it difficult to breathe. I needed to do something to straighten things out.
When I reached Gaisano, which was so hot and their escalators weren't working, I looked for the nearest phone booth, called their office, and reprimanded them for their bad treatment to the people. I've added that if they won't stop selling envelopes in a compulsory way, I'm gonna call the Ombudsman and report their abuse to us.
That was a sigh of relief for me. Everything happened the way I wanted.
But when my name was called to receive the clearance, I wasn't aware that I had to fall in line, and would need to wait for their assistance for my thumb mark to be printed. There wasn't any directions posted which told me to do so, and I was the first one who received the certificate as the first few people before me are in the hitlist and were advised to come back after 3 weeks. Yes, I was reprimanded, by a bossy person to wait for my turn (since my impatient being just dictated myself to place my thumb on that gadget and print my thumb mark). I just said sorry, I don't know their new rules. Fine, it was ok but then, after I've thought everything was finished, he was commanding me to buy their envelope worth 5 pesos. I immediately said no, got my paper from him and walked away.
As I was in the motorcycle, I've realized how unbecoming of a public servant he is. He shouldn't be treating the people that way. The rest didn't have a choice but to buy the envelope. His voice was domineering that people thought purchasing his envelopes (which are overpriced anyway) is compulsory. I'm really passive that my reactions were too delayed. My heart was pounding too fast and I've found it difficult to breathe. I needed to do something to straighten things out.
When I reached Gaisano, which was so hot and their escalators weren't working, I looked for the nearest phone booth, called their office, and reprimanded them for their bad treatment to the people. I've added that if they won't stop selling envelopes in a compulsory way, I'm gonna call the Ombudsman and report their abuse to us.
That was a sigh of relief for me. Everything happened the way I wanted.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak your mind.
You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.