It's the second week of the new year and I still haven't posted my list of resolutions for this year. I really don't do it (in fact, I used to bluff and work on my creative mind to write a two-page, 500-word formal theme composition for like three consecutive years for the same theme - My New Year's Resolution) but for the heck of having a post, and also to experience sometime in my life that I once had some real resolutions, let me try aiming for some things. At least I have a goal. At the end of this year, I'm going to evaluate myself if I'm good enough at realizing my goals.
- Have a healthier lifestyle. I know that even though I don't look like a nice and kind person, people still mistakenly see me as a priest/seminarian because I don't smoke nor drink. It's not enough though. I make sure that I've walked at least 500 meters everyday but it's still not enough. Metro Manila is so polluted that I get sick often.
This year, I'm planning to enrol in a gym. I could work on my cardio well, which, hopefully, will help cure my asthma, and, at the same time, exrete all the toxins in my body. I'm also planning to gain some muscles. I'm too shy to go shirtless because my narrow shoulders are too slopy, my older sister's biceps are bigger, my chest so flat, and my abs flabby. In short, I look like a seven-year-old boy who needs constant deworming.
Gym membership costs a lot and I still have some things to accomplish early this year but I'm planning to start working out before the first quarter ends. - Learn to swim. I have webbed fingers, my ears move and blush like gills, and I love saltwater. I know how to swim a bit, but I even laugh at myself imagining how I do it. My butt moves like I'm a merman. I need to learn how to float. And man, I need to learn how to hold my breathe longer.
- Learn to manage my finances. It's a shame. I have higher salary than my sister but she has a bigger contribution to our family and she still manages to buy what she wants. I need to learn the value of sacrifice. It's also one thing that I'll be considering before I'll be getting into a relationship.
- Read more. I admit that my vocabulary is too elementary. I need to learn new words. Maybe, I should invest on fictional books (which I hate) more than inspirational ones so that I could learn new techniques in writing. But that doesn't mean I would stop reading life-learning materials. I also want to be a better person.
- Sit and walk straight. Whenever I see myself on pictures or even on a big mirror, I'm ashamed to learn that my back is so curved that I don't stand my age. I know I have scoliosis but I should be more conscious with my posture. This is a big challenge for me though but I'll try. I'LL TRY.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak your mind.
You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.