Friday, December 21

We Have a New Baby

I couldn't help myself but cry when I saw today's episode of Moms. Argumentum ad hominem is something I hate most and most of the time, I'm not affected by it. But this time, I was really moved. I don't like kids but they don't deserve to be abandoned and all. You know, seeing them cry, hearing them tell their parents (who are hopefully watching them) to come and see them in (or even take them from) the orphanage.

I strongly believe that this country needs a law against child abandonment. Moreso, there should be a law regulating the creation of children itself. There should be certain prerequisites that a person must pass before he'll be given the license to have a child. I don't like kids but I can't tolerate irresponsible parents. They shouldn't have the right to be called "parents."

-o0o-

I have a new nephew! He's supposed to be named Noel (since it's Christmas time) or Enrique (since my mom's birthday was yesterday) but my mom doesn't want to have her precious name inherited by somebody else and that it's difficult to find a good number for those names. So I ended up naming him Dylan Christien. Dylan, because in Irish mythology, he's the son of the God of the sea (he's brother and sister are Janus and Athena, respectively) so there should be a pattern. Christien is Greek for Christian, which obviously means "a follower of God," (I hope he'll really live by that meaning).

He's supposed to have the same birthdate with my Mom but my sister, being scheduled on the 20th, never went to the hospital because she didn't feel the pain yet. So there, the baby sort of "overstayed" inside her womb and has already excreted those solid wastes and taken some of them inside her system. He's being treated with some anti-biotic but he's perfectly fine. I'm really excited to go home. This is my last day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.

You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.