It's mother's day today and though I'm not excited with my new role in our program, I'm glad that I have a good news for my mom.
It was Saturday afternoon when I finally informed her about my promotion. Though it's only through text message, I've sensed the sincerity in her reply. Like any other parent, she's happy for me.
Here's how her reply went:
Yep. She texted me in Tagalog. She made it a law that we would be writing in English or Filipino only (Thank goodness because Cebuano is difficult to spell).
Mama, I've run out of nice words to say but I think that my heart wants to tell you "Thank you so much for everything and I love you." I hope that I will continuously make you proud of me. Happy Mother's Day! And yeah, manang-mana ako sa 'yo when it comes to my talent in criticizing people.
P. S.
To My Auntie Aning, thank you also for being a mother to me. You may not be blessed with a biological child but you have us. We're fortunate to have you.
It was Saturday afternoon when I finally informed her about my promotion. Though it's only through text message, I've sensed the sincerity in her reply. Like any other parent, she's happy for me.
Here's how her reply went:
I'm so happy for and proud of you, anak. Mana ka talaga sa akin. Hindi ako nagkamali sa pagpapalaki sa 'yo.
I have great confidence that you can fulfill your new responsibilities. Don't let your fear overpower you. Kaya mo 'yan.
Yep. She texted me in Tagalog. She made it a law that we would be writing in English or Filipino only (Thank goodness because Cebuano is difficult to spell).
Mama, I've run out of nice words to say but I think that my heart wants to tell you "Thank you so much for everything and I love you." I hope that I will continuously make you proud of me. Happy Mother's Day! And yeah, manang-mana ako sa 'yo when it comes to my talent in criticizing people.
P. S.
To My Auntie Aning, thank you also for being a mother to me. You may not be blessed with a biological child but you have us. We're fortunate to have you.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak your mind.
You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.