al·ter·nateSo, it's never \äl-t&r-nAt\. Also, you never say \äl-redI\ for already or \älrayt\ for alright. Right?
Pronunciation: US and Canadian 'ol-t&r-n&t also 'al-; chiefly British ol-'t&r-
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin alternatus, past participle of alternare, from alternus alternate, from alter (homophone of altar): occurring or succeeding by turns (a day of alternate sunshine and rain)
Pronunciation Symbols
a : arranged first on one side and then on the other at different levels or points along an axial line-- compare OPPOSITE b : arranged one above or alongside the other
: every other : every second (he works on alternate days)
: constituting an alternative (took the alternate route home)
: ALTERNATIVE 3
- al·ter·nate·ly adverb
\o\ as aw in law
\&r\as ur/er in further
\&\ as a and u in abut
\a\ as a in ash
\ä\ as o in mop
\A\ as a in ace
If moods could be plotted in a coordinate plane, mine would be a sinusoidal wave. Its twists and turns are constant and it's maintaining its state of equilibrium no matter where the point is.
I share the slices of my life through this blog - things and people I love... and also those I hate... and I hate to love and the other way around... and anything I feel to write about. Some are trash. Some are treasures.
Wednesday, May 24
Check the Dictionary
To Edward Raymund Cruz, Elridge Ray Tan Bibera and other ignorant people out there, check this out. I intentionally wrote your full name to warn the public that there are still ignorant professionals like you who exist. Second is that in case you'll be bored and think of searching your name in Google, you'll be able to stumble upon this entry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can you ever blame them for being short toughed from time to time. what could be worse, mispronounced words or having a very bad breath like I had an experience yesterday. ooohh GOD! The smell of it all!!! Ghaaack!!
ReplyDelete