Sunday, June 25

Out of the Abundance of Boredom

... my fingers speak.

On my rest days, it's either I would sleep all day, surf the net, or cook anything I want. It even gets me to a point of being OC wherein I keep on cleaning my room and the toilet, and continue organizing my things. If I'm not lazy enough to go out, I go mall-hopping. In fact, I've done it last Friday, starting my itinerary in Ever Gotesco Commonwealth, where a person wearing denim jeans and ordinary shirt could be considered as over-dressed. Then I went to SM North and hopped from one boutique to another, trying on some polo shirts, which are, again, too big for me, even though they are already the smallest sizes. Then finally, got patient with the traffic jam on my way to Megamall. I wasn't able to do window shopping there since my big sister told me to go to PVAO and inquire about a certain stuff regarding my lola's claim on my granddad's heroism for the country during World War II.

Another Slipper-y Incident

'Twas past three in the afternoon when I received a text message from my ate requesting me to go to Camp Aguinaldo and make some inquiries in the Philippine Veterans Affairs Office. Thanks to Caro's fashion advice that I bought a pair of leather slippers to give my feet a sense of comfort and at the same time, to give me a different look. It really paid off, except on last-minute visits to establishments which demand for shoes... strictly shoes, where toes should not be seen. This time, a soldier, and not a security guard told me that I couldn't enter the premises as I was wearing slippers. Good thing that I was courteous and English-speaking enough when I asked him where the PVAO is and he gave me special consideration. Besides, I was able to explain to him that I didn't plan to go there.

Showbiz

I am very much showbiz oriented. But let me clarify that I don't go for those gossips which don't have any basis. I always want proof or if no proof is provided, at least the story is logical and sensible enough para mapatulan ko. I always hate those cheap confrontations of sexy starlets begging for publicity and media exposure. I also hate those trying hard love teams which are so obviously forced to solicit kilig factor from there fans.

Anyway, here are some things that I usually and recently hear from talk shows and and read from the papers, that are, sort of, worth my attention and my nice criticisms. Again, I'm just bored:

  • When promoting for there recent movie/show, actors always say these lines:
    • Maganda ang pelikula namin (This is a good movie.)
      Of course, they wouldn't tell the viewers that it is not worth the viewers' time and money. They shouldn't have plugged it, if that's the case.
    • Pinaghirapan po namin ito (We've worked hard on this.)
      I understand. For so many sleepless nights, they've of course, worked hard on this.
    • May mapupulot kayong aral sa pelikulang ito (You'll learn something from this movie)
      Of course. We would be educated how to curse, appreciate the art of baring one's soul and all other no-no's of a moral person like me. Hehehe.

  • Press people try to link some single stars. If they are already together, it's either they make stories that they've already split or they've already been married. And if a couple admits that they're already married, the press are trying to make them apart.

  • Manny Pacquiao Movie? What the heck is that? And Jericho Rosales as Pacman? Haven't they thought of something as tall, as young and as good-looking as Manny other than Jericho? and Bea Alonzo as his wife? God! Wala na ba talagan katinuan ang mga taong nasa likod ng pelikulang ito? Making a movie about an overhyped person who didn't contribute to our country's economic and political crisis is already a capital sin. Choosing these stars is another one.

    But since everything has been done, I don't have any other choice but to expect a realistic acting from the actors. Rosales must don a straight hair, must be cross-eyed in the entire movie, and he must speak in very hard accent.

  • Christina Aguilera has a new single. I forgot the title. In fairness, she's beautiful in her music video. I have nothing against her. In fact, I like her better than Britney Spears but I just can't help but laugh whenever I see her lower extremities - she's bow-legged ... and her big boobs are not proportional to her gecko-shaped body.

  • For Brandon Routh fans, I'm so sorry for saying this but the newest Superman/Clark Kent doesn't look like a human being anymore. Whenever I see his large posters and billboards, I really have this freaky feeling looking at his face. He's somewhat the male version of Barbie.

  • After two consecutive years of being so controversial with their so-called Music Awards, SOP has reformed its award-giving gimmick to SOP PasiklaBand. This time, no homegrown talent is nominated, thus, preventing any controversies regarding being biased and all.


  • MTRCB has, again, showed its being an ultra-conservative agency. After giving the Da Vinci Code an R-18 rating, it has warned several local shows for being “in a patently lewd, offensive or demeaning manner,” which, we all know, is very relative. Shows that are warned inclue Lagot Ka, Isusumbong Kita, It's a Guy Thing and even the FTV franchise. Yes, it's Fashion TV. MTRCB Chairman Ma. Consoliza P. Laguardia said that she received so many complaints against models who show their breasts and genitalia. What the! Are we getting back to the Spanish era? And there's nothing suggestive with those models. Only fools would get sexually aroused while viewing those anorexic women.

    Not only that. They also summoned Howie Severino for featuring the “Lukayo: Hindi Ito Bastos,” a wedding ritual practiced in Laguna, for I-Witness. In the documentary, old women were shown with wooden penises and acting like they are masturbating. This is part of our culture and it is but necessary for us to understand about our being Filipinos.

  • On a lighter note, MTV has partnered with Awit Awards for the first time. If you don't know, Awit Awards corresponds to the Grammy's in the US. I've seen some of its snippets and it has, indeed, improved a lot. There's even a red carpet presentation, something that wasn't present before.

  • As for MTV Asia Awards, I've observed that it's getting worse every year. The best so far was the third one, where Vanness Wu and Michelle Branch hosted the event in Singapore. It is where all the winners graced the show, including Robbie Williams and Mariah Carey, who won as Favourite Male and Female Artists, repectively. Thailand hosted the event this year. Most of the presentors were Thais, who don't even know how to speak in English. As for Tata Young, could you just keep her on your local shows? She's a shame to the Asian population. She does not sing. She screams, and she's out of tune. Thai fans get gaga screaming their tonsils out when she tries to reach for those high notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.

You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.