Since we're going to have a new schedule for this month, my rest days would run from Thursday to Sunday. It's considerably a long vacation for me which works both for my advantage and my disadvantage. The brighter side of it is that I wouldn't have to be disturbed by my alarm clock, saying that I've got to get up and work. I wouldn't have to deal with those egoistic level 2 techs, I wouldn't have a hard time looking for working computers, and I wouldn't have to be irritated by the PAC ringing my phone from time to time in case I would take a long time in after call work (ACW) for completing my notes, creating a dispatch or submitting my case to the outbound team.
On the other hand, I would have a longer time for boredom. Being away from the family leaves me nobody to talk with, nothing to talk about, nobody to reprimand me with my messy bed, and nobody to compete with when it comes to watching a television program. I also have a hard time adjusting my biological clock as I usually wake up at 8:30 in the evening. During my off, I wake up at 2:00 a.m. and stay awake until 12:00 noon.
Yesterday, I've thought of something fruitful for me. After eating all the chocolate chip pancakes that I've made, and eating a plateful of rice and my favorite tuna with egg, I thought of going out. My grey hairs are so evident that I thought of dying my hair again. This is also the disadvantage of growing my hair. I have to dye and apply gel on it.
For years, I only used blue black or very dark brown on my hair. I don't have the guts to wear a loud color on my head, except once when I decided to have highlights. My friends like it but I don't care if I look good in it or not. I just want to try. After all, it's not somebody else's head that I'm experimenting.
Yesterday, I dropped by Ystilo Salon in Tandang Sora. Their very big billboard caught my attention. It's not Vina Morales' face that attracted me. It's their offer of giving 20% discount to customers. So instead of going elsewhere, I've decided to stop by Berkeley Mall and go to that parlor. After a few minutes of waiting, of learning new recipes from a food magazine, I was already called by the assistant to have my hair shampooed. She asked me what color would I love to be applied on my hair. This time, I asked for her suggestion but told her that I don't want to look scandalous with loud colors. So, she told me that golden brown/amber dye would fit me. Well, here I am, a newly born brown-haired person!
On the other hand, I would have a longer time for boredom. Being away from the family leaves me nobody to talk with, nothing to talk about, nobody to reprimand me with my messy bed, and nobody to compete with when it comes to watching a television program. I also have a hard time adjusting my biological clock as I usually wake up at 8:30 in the evening. During my off, I wake up at 2:00 a.m. and stay awake until 12:00 noon.
Yesterday, I've thought of something fruitful for me. After eating all the chocolate chip pancakes that I've made, and eating a plateful of rice and my favorite tuna with egg, I thought of going out. My grey hairs are so evident that I thought of dying my hair again. This is also the disadvantage of growing my hair. I have to dye and apply gel on it.
For years, I only used blue black or very dark brown on my hair. I don't have the guts to wear a loud color on my head, except once when I decided to have highlights. My friends like it but I don't care if I look good in it or not. I just want to try. After all, it's not somebody else's head that I'm experimenting.
Yesterday, I dropped by Ystilo Salon in Tandang Sora. Their very big billboard caught my attention. It's not Vina Morales' face that attracted me. It's their offer of giving 20% discount to customers. So instead of going elsewhere, I've decided to stop by Berkeley Mall and go to that parlor. After a few minutes of waiting, of learning new recipes from a food magazine, I was already called by the assistant to have my hair shampooed. She asked me what color would I love to be applied on my hair. This time, I asked for her suggestion but told her that I don't want to look scandalous with loud colors. So, she told me that golden brown/amber dye would fit me. Well, here I am, a newly born brown-haired person!
* * *
Aside from conquering my fear from Brandon Routh's not-so-human features, I thought of watching Superman Returns in 3D as I might not have chance to watch it again and only only mall has the IMAX theater in this country. So, I've also thought of going to SM Mall of Asia. I don't want to spend my time to take a cab nor do I have my private car so my practicality told me to take the bus.
For those who are thinking of going to that mall and don't have any choice but to ride on a bus via EDSA, here are things you need to bring along with you:
After hours of waiting, I've finally reached the so-called biggest mall of Asia. It's indeed very very big in the middle of a wider unoccupied space. As for my plans of watching Superman, the tickets are sold out so I'm scheduled to watch it on Friday next week. That would mean that I would have to deal with my patience again.
For those who are thinking of going to that mall and don't have any choice but to ride on a bus via EDSA, here are things you need to bring along with you:
- Patience. It is a virtue and the probability of being stuck in a traffic jam is 99/100.
- Food. A person who is not on a diet but could easily get bored must have something to eat. It doesn't just gets me away from being bored. It exercises my jawbone.
- Reading materials. If you're lucky enough to get into a bus with no sound system, then you are really very lucky! Not only that you would get rid that annoying high-pitched corny person of an FM station that requires you to memorize it, you also could get your ears rested. And you could have the time to enrich your mind.
- iPod, walkman or just some cotton balls to cover your ears, in case you hate Love Radio and their very jologs songs.
- Handkerchief or towel. It's either hot, dusty, or the airconditioner of the bus smells ewan. It also protects your respiratory system from stinky seatmates.
- Skill in sleeping. I tell you, it's better to sleep than wait for long hours.
After hours of waiting, I've finally reached the so-called biggest mall of Asia. It's indeed very very big in the middle of a wider unoccupied space. As for my plans of watching Superman, the tickets are sold out so I'm scheduled to watch it on Friday next week. That would mean that I would have to deal with my patience again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak your mind.
You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.