Meet my Ate Doreen, 31, still single. If we go out, people wouldn't think that we're siblings. We don't have any similarity as far as physical aspects are concerned. Our classmates who don't know our family often mistakenly identify us as sweethearts. We just laugh at them.
She came here two weeks ago to accompany a family friend who's going abroad. You don't know how difficult it was for a tornado like me to be cleaning my place in less than a day. I don't want to be reprimanded again for my lack of tidiness and order.
It's just too exciting for me to see my sister again after three months. But I admit, I also get irritated with her presence. I slept barely five hours a day, going with her to malls or some other places. I get pissed waiting for her outside the restroom, or when she has to enter all possible boutiques that she could see just to try some pieces of clothing or cosmetics. I also hate her being a lady, that she takes too much time in everything. I feel that I'm her PA, bringing one of her very heavy backpacks and handing her one or two of the four cellphones that ring.
She knows that my impatience drives me nuts. She could see that in my deep silence, through my sharper eyes, and the fastness of my pace. After all, I have been her brother for 25 years.
But when she went back to Butuan, I felt sad again. For more than a week, I chose to wake up late because I knew that I don't have to cook my food anymore because she already did it. That my room wouldn't be filled with silence because I have somebody to talk and argue with. That there's somebody always reminding me to change my shirt because it's already wet with my sweat. That I have a sister with me.
Life's like that I guess. The most important people in your life are those that are often unappreciated and disliked. But when they're not around, it's when you're longing for the things that you hate in them.
Well, I'll be seeing my family again... this Christmas and it wouldn't be too long.
I love your picture with your ate.
ReplyDeleteThanks. Ang dami mong comments a. Hehe.
ReplyDelete