Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.
Last Good Friday, what was supposedly a silent day turned out to be a noisy one. I felt like a saint's spirit had possessed me since I kept on defending Janina San Miguel. I believe I have a strong point. She shouldn't be blamed nor ridiculed for getting the crown because it's not her fault at all - it's the organizers' who set the criteria. Janina is just one simple girl, who wants to be a beauty queen, got convinced by some people thinking that joining this would help her augment her family's status, and then, unexpectedly, after that very unimpressive answer, she won. It's pointless criticizing her because after all, she'll be representing our country in an international pageant and giving her such kind of bad image gives us that negative image, too. I'm against beauty contests because they really don't serve a very logical purpose but since it's already there, we might, as well, support our candidates. In this pageant patty kind of society, English is not the only basis of being victorious.
So much about that lecture, yes, admittedly, I became kind and sensitive and considerate and understanding for a day. My friends even thought that it wasn't me who were with them. Anyhow, I've stated my piece.
Late night came and the then depressed Sam was already happy and excited sharing some pictures that he downloaded via wi-fi - Dingdong Dantes' Bench underwear photographs and this Cuban actor/model named William Levy (I still have to google his name). The latter's pictures in stupid and nonsense underwear with no support at all show his melted balls that made Janice wonder if all guys' balls really look like that. Ha ha ha! It's not really a good thing to do on a holy day so I told them to stop it and go to sleep.
Sam slept soundly. After every series of snoring, Janice and I could hear him moan and do that very brief and relatively high-pitched "Hmm" thing that made me laugh. Actually, just thinking about it makes me laugh until now. Perhaps in his dream, he was fantasizing of those two guys. Ha ha ha!
The day after that, I told Janice that if I'll be a celebrity, I should have the most unique name so that people could easily remember me. Though there's no artist named Third yet, I choose to not use it.
I could imagine a host introducing me before my number, "Ladies and gentlemen, please give it up for 'Hmm!'"
Now that's unique.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak your mind.
You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.