Monday, May 26

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull


Finally, after long years, Dr. Henry Jones is back with another installment of his adventure. He's being trapped in a Soviet plot to uncover the secret behind mysterious artifacts known as the Crystal Skulls and leaves him no choice but follow what fate and life threat has called him.

The Good

It's good to see Harrison Ford again after quite some time. I couldn't imagine Indiana Jones being portrayed by another actor, though I have a strong feeling that this character would be passed on to Shia LaBeouf maybe on the next sequel or two. The action sequence, the soundtrack, the slapstick, Jones' whip and his hat and the old setting, the same Indy Jones ingredients are still found. I'm also suprised to see Karen Allen again in the middle of the movie (it just goes to show that I don't read the opening credits). I hardly even recognized Cate Blanchett donning a Baby Tsina hairdo. I was only able to realize it was her after more than five minutes since she appeared. Ha ha ha! I must say she's really one great actress.

The Bad

What's the purpose of the word "imperfection" if we won't use it. Add the word "criticize" which helps mold my personality. Ha ha.

This movie seems to be a fusion of "The National Treasures" and "X-Files" wherein the characters have to unveil the mystery behind the Peruvian dirt that leads to the discovery of some aliens. This part really made me disappointed.

Questions

Why do adventure movies always involve some groundwater scenes?
Will locking oneself in a refrigerator save him from the atomic bomb?
Why do those aliens have to leave Earth immediately after the skull has been returned?
Isn't their main purpose of coming in this planet to rule us?
Are there really aliens to begin with?
Will Shia LaBeouf be the next Indiana Jones?
When will the story be set in the Philippines, like solving the mystery of the Golden Tara found in LA Museum, returning it to Agusan River and having them end up in Mt. Apo where the tribe of this cultural minority cannibals will be waiting for them at the foot of the mountain? And in between that, some folk stories like barang will be injected and the victim will be Durian while GG and Juliut will be drowned in a pool of juice? Ha ha ha. The barang thing I could still contain to be included but I was just joking about the three insignificant high school characters. Ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.

You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.