Have you even been tagged by a so-called "friend" for some products that he is selling? Isn't it irritating when you have to untag yourself from those perfumes, fake bags, house and lot and all other things this commercialized world has to offer? Don't you feel being befriended only because you're only a target market and that your friends are also potential buyers from the said online store?
Now this case is worse. If you're fat and you're tagged for a slimming capsule, or you're dark-skinned and you're tagged for some glutathione and other whitening cosmetics, or if you're pimple-infested and you're tagged for these things that offer a smooth skin in you, don't you feel insulted? What's more hurtful is that everybody in your friend's list is seeing that you're tagged and this seller [un]consciously tells this whole worldwide web that you badly need these products.
For so many weeks, I've seen a trend in my facebook network. I don't care about those apparels. They don't do you harm. But for these "beauty" products, it's a different story. Finally, I got the courage to speak up. I posted a status deliberately stating my opposition to this act.
But then again, posting my status won't do any change to the person doing it. I checked his profile but he restricted receiving private messages to his friends only. I thought I was hopeless but when I saw his contact numbers in the pictures where he tagged my friends, I sent him a text message:
I just hope this will stop. Facebook is there to build friendships, to have long lost friends communicate and for everybody to have fun. Let's get rid of those trash. They really are garbage and won't merit a point for world peace.
I thank you.
Now this case is worse. If you're fat and you're tagged for a slimming capsule, or you're dark-skinned and you're tagged for some glutathione and other whitening cosmetics, or if you're pimple-infested and you're tagged for these things that offer a smooth skin in you, don't you feel insulted? What's more hurtful is that everybody in your friend's list is seeing that you're tagged and this seller [un]consciously tells this whole worldwide web that you badly need these products.
For so many weeks, I've seen a trend in my facebook network. I don't care about those apparels. They don't do you harm. But for these "beauty" products, it's a different story. Finally, I got the courage to speak up. I posted a status deliberately stating my opposition to this act.
Kung ako ay itatag ng isang "kaibigan" para sa mga produktong pampaputi, pampakanis ng balat at pampapayat, lagot sa akin ang taong yan. That is one of the rudest and most insensitive things to do.
But then again, posting my status won't do any change to the person doing it. I checked his profile but he restricted receiving private messages to his friends only. I thought I was hopeless but when I saw his contact numbers in the pictures where he tagged my friends, I sent him a text message:
hi! do u know that tagging those plus-sized people in your slimming product is the rudest and most insensitive way of marketing. u're putting them in public humiliation letting the entire world know that they are fat. have some respect. i hope u are good-looking and slim coz if ure not, that would really be a shame on u. come up with a better marketing strategy!
I just hope this will stop. Facebook is there to build friendships, to have long lost friends communicate and for everybody to have fun. Let's get rid of those trash. They really are garbage and won't merit a point for world peace.
I thank you.
LIKE!
ReplyDeletemaybe u shouldve first asked the person tagged if affected cya. basin ikaw ra. hehe. bitaw, ok rman sa ako ma tag gud. it means they find me a fashionista who might be interested in those items. pero wa pa sad ko ka try nga ma tag sa mga beauty/slimming products. so di pa jud ko sure unsa akong reaction ana. pero mas maayo nuon to Duard nga g contact nimo cya than just posting it on ur status kay malay ba nimo kung gbasa cya sa imong status ^^
ReplyDelete