Friday, June 24

Espresso

No. This isn't all about the coffee. To begin with, I'm not a fan of coffee because I have low tolerance to caffeine. This is the irritation, annoyance and perhaps anger that I felt because our regular meeting for tomorrow is canceled.

If you know me, one of the things that I REALLY hate is when things won't push through as planned. I've prepared for the meeting for almost a month, asked from the general evaluator for more than three months, pestered almost everybody with the invitations, got out of the rain yesterday to get the printer, getting my hands dirty for this fucking printer with continuous ink and printing all the programs and posters for the entire morning til late afternoon, spent more than two weeks memorizing Cameron's speech as a way of giving tribute to him, inviting last minute evaluators, and assuring all those who asked me that the meeting will not be canceled tomorrow.

And here comes the president telling me that he wants to call it off FOR THE SAFETY OF THE PEOPLE WHO WILL BE ATTENDING. Fine I understand that. But isn't attending the meeting voluntary? What I think his reason is for canceling it is that there will only be fewer attendees and that's going to make his last meeting as the president disappointing. Again, what's the purpose of holding a meeting? It's not about prestige. It's not about the number of attendees. It's not about being praised for whatever fucking good things you have done. It's being able to speak and practice your public speaking skills.

I'm more pissed because I have to swallow my pride after all the assurance I've given to people, after all the invites I've given, after all the coercion I had to do to some non-members, this is what I'm getting.

With his text message that "I don't want that (Ondoy meeting) to happen again," he's implying that it was more of a problem than an opportunity for us. He didn't know exactly how we worked so hard to have that meeting.

I want to cry. I want to throw whatever things I see, I want to rip off my shirt but no. I have to control my temper. I'll eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.

You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.