Monday, November 19

I Hate Puerto Galera

I spent the weekend on that island and I didn't enjoy it. A friend used to tell me it's basura and she's right.

Puerto Galera isn't tourist-friendly. The pier itself in Batangas sucks. The boat going to the island is terribly hot covered with plastic cellophane to prevent passengers from getting wet. Imagine yourself in an oxygen-deprived sauna for almost two hours while subjecting yourself to lung cancer from those smokers who can't stop from puffing cigarettes.

Then the island. The sand isn't fine. Rocky in fact. There are too many people. Don't expect to enjoy privacy. Those vendors would bug you even in the middle of your meal. Island hopping and any other activities are a rip-off. They would give you this price but there will be hidden charges along the way.

Food prices are too high considering the taste isn't splendid. It's competing with Boracay and Palawan when it comes to the prices but it's not at par with those places.

I don't think I would like to go back to that place. Except when I'll be with a far better company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.

You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.