
"Ang pag-ibig walang pinipiling panahon, walang pinipiling wakas."
I am jologs. I admit it.
The time I heard the song "Moments of Love," my attention was drawn to it and as time progressed, I was curious on how the movie would be like. Add it with the fact that I like Iza Calzado.
So I watched it yesterday at SM Fairview, alone, as always.
I'm supposed to write a movie review but for some reasons, I can't make a good one. Maybe because I didn't find it as a movie but just an hour and forty-five minutes of telesine.
The plot is a combination of "Somewhere in Time," "Frequency" and, according to others, some other Chinese and Korean movies. It's so clear in the movie's trailer that two individuals, living in two different periods, meet through the phone and then their love story starts.
The flick is a revelation of Dingdong Dantes' acting skill - that finally, he's able to prove that he's no longer a matinee idol but a mature actor. I just find Karylle so conscious infront of the cam that I didn't find her acting good. As for Paolo Contis, he's an effective villain but his wig is too funny that I thought it was a nest that anytime a bird would lay eggs on it.
A Filipino film wouldn't be Pinoy at all if there are salimpusas around acting as panggulo or should I say, fillers. But Jojo Alejar's character as an 80's actor who has lost his fame and still possesses the star complex is an effective comic relief.
Comparing to some other Filipino movies I've seen, this one is somewhat different. Different in a way that I wasn't able to predict its ending. There's a twist in the denouement that caught me surprised (just irritated though with a very shallow and stupid audience who kept on howling during that scene).
Generally, the movie is good... yes, it's good.
I am jologs. I admit it.
The time I heard the song "Moments of Love," my attention was drawn to it and as time progressed, I was curious on how the movie would be like. Add it with the fact that I like Iza Calzado.
So I watched it yesterday at SM Fairview, alone, as always.
I'm supposed to write a movie review but for some reasons, I can't make a good one. Maybe because I didn't find it as a movie but just an hour and forty-five minutes of telesine.
The plot is a combination of "Somewhere in Time," "Frequency" and, according to others, some other Chinese and Korean movies. It's so clear in the movie's trailer that two individuals, living in two different periods, meet through the phone and then their love story starts.
The flick is a revelation of Dingdong Dantes' acting skill - that finally, he's able to prove that he's no longer a matinee idol but a mature actor. I just find Karylle so conscious infront of the cam that I didn't find her acting good. As for Paolo Contis, he's an effective villain but his wig is too funny that I thought it was a nest that anytime a bird would lay eggs on it.
A Filipino film wouldn't be Pinoy at all if there are salimpusas around acting as panggulo or should I say, fillers. But Jojo Alejar's character as an 80's actor who has lost his fame and still possesses the star complex is an effective comic relief.
Comparing to some other Filipino movies I've seen, this one is somewhat different. Different in a way that I wasn't able to predict its ending. There's a twist in the denouement that caught me surprised (just irritated though with a very shallow and stupid audience who kept on howling during that scene).
Generally, the movie is good... yes, it's good.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak your mind.
You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.