Monday, July 6

Kiddie Meal

Is my reflection totally different from what people actually see?

It's what crossed my mind when one child, a two-year old girl perhaps, looked at me, smiled, and laughed when I looked back at her. She kept on laughing while I was just looking at her with a blank stare. I thought to myself, is there a big letter L written on my forehead?

Then I remembered my experience in Cebu where, while inside the car, my friend's sister's nine-month old baby only stopped crying and went to sleep after I started singing while using the rattle as the accompaniment. He kept on crying while his mom was the one singing for him. Weird.

Then the one-year old cousin of that child also got closer to me than to her Aunt, who's that friend of mine, and learned a few English words from me like "yucks" with that gesture of putting one's index finger in the mouth and acting as if she's vomiting. She also said "NO!" when my friend asked to borrow her shoes, which, she calls "shoeses" after she heard it from me. Am I really that influential?

Of course, my nephews and niece who are so close to me. My niece would even tell my Mom that she's going to make sumbong to me because her Lola scolded her. And when my sister calls, they would often say, "Is that Uncle calling?"

I am vocal about how I don't like kids but these things make me think that I have given the passion and compassion to them, just unconsciously. Which really makes me ask, "Handa na ba ako'ng maging ama?" Ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.

You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.