Wednesday, December 14

Il Padrino

TO ALL MY GODCHILDREN AND THEIR PARENTS:

Don't be hopeful that I'll be like Santa who will be giving you a present this Christmas. Let me count the reasons:
  1. I am geographically far from where you are and sending my gifts would be an additional expense.
  2. I was never in your baptism to begin with and I did not authorize your parents to place my name in your baptismal certificate there and even... though I said no to some of them, there's this belief that one shouldn't turn down a forced invitation to be a child's godparent.
  3. I am experiencing financial crisis and I believe that charity begins at home so I'd first feed my own needs and luxury, then share with my family before I could share something to others.
  4. As far as I know, a Godparent's responsibility is to be a second or nth parent to the child in case his/her parents fail to do their jobs., unless, of course, your parents lack the sense of responsibility to raise you properly.
  5. I am Grinch.
  6. As a typical youngest and only son, I am selfish.
  7. I am not fond of kids unless they are cute, brilliant, talented and well-behaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.

You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.