Pumatol ako sa isa'ng bata... but not sexually. Ha ha ha! I just had a face off with an eight year old girl this afternoon.
I had been rehearsing this piece from a Broadway musical since last year and among the pieces that I've received from my teacher, this was the only one that I liked the most. Perhaps because I'm really a big Broadway fan and a self-confessed stage actor wannabe. It so happened that this kid also liked the piece and had been so eager to make it her solo song.
This afternoon, Ma'am Luz made me stay longer so that I could listen to the kid sing and so I did. She said that the child could give justice to the song more than I could so my mind was already wandering scanning through her book of some other familiar songs that I could learn in three weeks, thinking that I would be asked later to look for another song. I've already thought of Josh Groban's "When You Say You Love Me" or "She's Out of My Life." Little did I know that it was going to be a decision time because she let me sing that same piece so that she could decide right away who's going to get the piece. Ako naman, sineryoso at uminom ng isang galong tubig to lubricate my throat. Ha ha.
To make the short story shorter, I got the piece and the poor child would be given another piece by tomorrow (Casper's "Remember Me this Way). Oh well. I was just challenged. Ha ha!
I had been rehearsing this piece from a Broadway musical since last year and among the pieces that I've received from my teacher, this was the only one that I liked the most. Perhaps because I'm really a big Broadway fan and a self-confessed stage actor wannabe. It so happened that this kid also liked the piece and had been so eager to make it her solo song.
This afternoon, Ma'am Luz made me stay longer so that I could listen to the kid sing and so I did. She said that the child could give justice to the song more than I could so my mind was already wandering scanning through her book of some other familiar songs that I could learn in three weeks, thinking that I would be asked later to look for another song. I've already thought of Josh Groban's "When You Say You Love Me" or "She's Out of My Life." Little did I know that it was going to be a decision time because she let me sing that same piece so that she could decide right away who's going to get the piece. Ako naman, sineryoso at uminom ng isang galong tubig to lubricate my throat. Ha ha.
To make the short story shorter, I got the piece and the poor child would be given another piece by tomorrow (Casper's "Remember Me this Way). Oh well. I was just challenged. Ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak your mind.
You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.