I just don't know what's the problem with those people who smoke inside the jeepney. It's either they're so insensitive or they are just dumb that they don't know how to read the no-smoking sign or they don't know the rules even. And what's with the law that is not imposed? Enforcers seem to be inutile that I didn't hear anybody caught for violating the city ordinance prohibiting people from smoking in public vehicles.
I don't know how to deal with them. I've thought that actions would speak louder than words and a stabbing stare to those violators would stop them from puffing that useless stick and exhaling it out of their mouths but they are really stupid and insensitive.
Sometimes, if I got some nerve, I tell them to their face to stop from smoking since I find it hard to breathe (yeah I'm asthmatic and I hate smoke). And most (not all) listen and throw away their stick.
But there was one instance when I was going to Buenavista that an old man thought he was alone in the jeepney and kept on puffing cigarette not knowing that there were some kids, a pregnant woman, and an asthmatic guy beside him. I politely told him to save his cigarette the moment he arrives to his destination but he was acting like he didn't hear me at all. I wish that someday, I would have the guts to hand these kinds of persons a one-peso coin or even two pesos to let him stop from smoking.
Or else, I could pay for his fare and tell the driver to drop him along the way. I wish I could do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak your mind.
You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.