Tuesday, November 2

Ranting - The Comeback

I am back to work - as a call boy again in some company nearby. This morning, I had to wake up too early to attend a new-hire orientation. Training will officially start tomorrow but I sense that the company is practicing austerity measures that they want to save a few hours of discussing the company background, benefits and giving out some forms so that they could start the client specifics right away by tomorrow. I left the house at exactly 7am, the supposed meeting time as what was indicated by the text message. I thought to myself, why should I rush? This is unpaid? And the real McCoy will start tomorrow, including every minute of tardiness being recorded and deducted from the salary. Indeed, I was right. I came 30 minutes late and a couple of minutes after, the new-hire personnel started to discuss. Even he was not in the mood because he just arrived all the way from the province because of All Saints Day. Some people even came later than I did.

I displayed my usual image to everybody, the kind that nobody would dare talk with nor smile at. I was just showing a blank, intimidating face that wouldn't even give a grin to some jokes. I was just there. If somebody would ask, I'd give him a few words as an answer. I don't know when this kind of front would last. Ha ha!

After around 30 minutes, the site director spoke welcoming us. He said he pampers employees but he demands excellence. Something that we really could get along well with. He doesn't demand for OT, which is another plus. There are also several organizations in the company such as the photography group, basketball and volleyball teams, GLEE CLUB, and some others. He said we could approach him anytime if we want to organize another group. Time for public speaking because one of the HR's kept on saying uhms and ahs after almost every word. Ha ha ha!

Generally, I have a positive feeling with the company except that this wavemate is too noisy and I hate his voice. Add it with his poor sense in fashion (too colorful abstract and oversized shirt, loose black slacks and oogly BROWN shoes). Anyway, the company has a lot of promise like huge incentives, fame, house and lot and to top it all, having Cris Av*so as my lifetime partner. Why should I think of resigning?

-o00-

The annoying thing about being attracted to somebody is that you see her face in everything everywhere. It's like her face pops out of nowhere just like this music video I used to see when I was a kid.

1 comment:

Speak your mind.

You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.