I just don't understand it. It must be with the Filipino culture but it also has to do with one's manners. Call me so much thick-skinned but as much as possible, I grace somebody's invitation no matter how busy I am. I even got to the point of gate-crashing because my friend brought me to some parties that I was never invited. I know it's so unbecoming of a well-mannered person and I don't have to explain.
But then again, I don't think I've hurt a host's ego by turning down his invitation when I'm already at the site and that he has to go out of his house to let me come in. If I show up, I show up, get in, eat a little (or more), talk (or sleep when I'm freaking tired).
I've been turned down by this person once and being an egotist, it really pissed me big time. Had he decided to not get in, he should have parked his car far away from the house for me not to know that he is around. Or he shouldn't have come at all.
I can't explain it well but it annoys me. If he hates me, fine. He shouldn't have come. And it ALMOST happened again last night.
But then again, I don't think I've hurt a host's ego by turning down his invitation when I'm already at the site and that he has to go out of his house to let me come in. If I show up, I show up, get in, eat a little (or more), talk (or sleep when I'm freaking tired).
I've been turned down by this person once and being an egotist, it really pissed me big time. Had he decided to not get in, he should have parked his car far away from the house for me not to know that he is around. Or he shouldn't have come at all.
I can't explain it well but it annoys me. If he hates me, fine. He shouldn't have come. And it ALMOST happened again last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak your mind.
You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.