I first met Guy when we were 12. Since then, he'd been my co-proponent in our investigatory projects from first to fourth year. I even remember how I used to make fun of his absent-mindedness even though he was the one who looked so attentive to the teacher and I was just chatting with my seatmates Andee and Ian.
We became dorm-mates til second year college until I was kicked out of school. I wouldn't have been allowed to study farther from Butuan had he not chosen to go to MSU-IIT. On the other hand, I would have had the privilege to go to UP had he chosen to have his DOST scholarship taken in UP.
Years had passed and he seemed to have drifted away from the group. I even felt guilty that I wasn't aware that his Mom passed away. I would have told the entire barkada to visit her wake and extend a help to Guy. But it was his choice to not inform us so I understood it.
Finally, he contacted me a couple of years ago about his interest to work in Cebu. Unfortunately, I was already in Manila then so I told him to contact Ian. I made sure that he would be properly taken care of in Cebu and I fully trusted Ian to do it. Since then, he had been constantly communicating with me, including his joke about his feeling for Junnah, which I took so seriously. I even offered to buy him a black barong for Junnah's wedding last April. Ha ha ha!1
Before Hunnie's wedding last year, he changed his status from "In a Relationship" to "Engaged" and the whole group congratulated him. Then we were invited. Hun's wedding came and he almost missed it. Thanks to her then fiancee Hanna, who helped him look for his long-sleeve shirt and slacks and pushed him to attend the occasion. Then we went island-hopping the following day.
The nice thing about our group is that we're so spontaneous that it really is very easy for us to continue where we've left off. The nicer thing is that, we instantly welcome somebody to be a part of us if he/she attempts to connect with us and if we like him/her. All the prejudices about Hanna were all gone when we finally met her. She's sweet, accommodating and a warm person that we felt an instant connection. I even appreciate her that she trusts me too much since she's been asking me of some ideas for her wedding.
Finally, December came and as the founder of the group, I PRESSURED everybody to join their wedding and I was successful. I have accepted that it is really in my nature to be pressuring people to do things that I want to happen and I think it's for the common good. :)
Since we are spontaneous, we changed the plan of leaving Butuan on December 27 to 28 since majority of us would be available on that date. We left the city at 4 AM, reached Tinuy-an Falls at past 8 and reached the pension house in Mangagoy, Bislig, Surigao del Sur, at past 10. The wedding began at past 3 and we had our reception at past 5.
The theme was Rock 'n Roll and the moment I received the invitation, I was already hesitant about it since what we were thinking was glam rock, gothic rock, punk rock - any kind of rock actually except the Elvis Prestley and Marilyn Monroe era but Hanna assured me that what we had in mind correct and she urged us to be in the theme so that was what I made sure to everybody.
I even had to check everybody in the pension house if they were okay to the point of making fun of Ivy's floral dress by asking her if Hawaiian is already the new rock. Good thing Janice brought a lot of spare dresses that she was able to change her attire. I had to make sure I was speck and span in our room since Ian was my roommate. From my pants, to my towel, to my toiletries, I had to make sure that they're in order because I didn't want to get reprimanded. I also had to minimize my noise. He he he.
I was really touched by Guy and Hanna because they kept on checking us if we were okay, when in fact, it was their day. The ceremony came and we made sure we were properly behaved. I even had to constantly remind Ivy to hold still and move on. Of course it was a joke but some people like Edz thought that Ivy and Guy had a past.
I was surprised to see Guy crying while walking along the aisle. I was even more surprised when I heard him cry while delivering his vow. I thought he only did that to hide some grammatical errors and mispronunciations. Ha ha ha!
Reception came and Junnah and I were the emcees. It's not really my cup of tea to be connecting with the people. Good thing teacher Junnah was there to make the event alive and made everybody responsive. There wasn't any flow of the program so everything was just impromptu. Hopefully, Guy and Hanna liked it.
What impressed me much were the videos that Guy created especially the well-documented wedding preparations. No wonder we are friends - he has the touch of artistry and creativity. He he.
Generally, I thought that their wedding was cool. It wasn't the usual prim-and-proper princess-y kind that not everybody understands and appreciates it. But it is their wedding and what matters is that the couple enjoyed it and so are the people who have joined them in the celebration of their union.
Three down for TAF, technically, 11 more to go. I'm looking forward for another wedding for the group and I'm working on mine. :)
We became dorm-mates til second year college until I was kicked out of school. I wouldn't have been allowed to study farther from Butuan had he not chosen to go to MSU-IIT. On the other hand, I would have had the privilege to go to UP had he chosen to have his DOST scholarship taken in UP.
Years had passed and he seemed to have drifted away from the group. I even felt guilty that I wasn't aware that his Mom passed away. I would have told the entire barkada to visit her wake and extend a help to Guy. But it was his choice to not inform us so I understood it.
Finally, he contacted me a couple of years ago about his interest to work in Cebu. Unfortunately, I was already in Manila then so I told him to contact Ian. I made sure that he would be properly taken care of in Cebu and I fully trusted Ian to do it. Since then, he had been constantly communicating with me, including his joke about his feeling for Junnah, which I took so seriously. I even offered to buy him a black barong for Junnah's wedding last April. Ha ha ha!1
Before Hunnie's wedding last year, he changed his status from "In a Relationship" to "Engaged" and the whole group congratulated him. Then we were invited. Hun's wedding came and he almost missed it. Thanks to her then fiancee Hanna, who helped him look for his long-sleeve shirt and slacks and pushed him to attend the occasion. Then we went island-hopping the following day.
The nice thing about our group is that we're so spontaneous that it really is very easy for us to continue where we've left off. The nicer thing is that, we instantly welcome somebody to be a part of us if he/she attempts to connect with us and if we like him/her. All the prejudices about Hanna were all gone when we finally met her. She's sweet, accommodating and a warm person that we felt an instant connection. I even appreciate her that she trusts me too much since she's been asking me of some ideas for her wedding.
Finally, December came and as the founder of the group, I PRESSURED everybody to join their wedding and I was successful. I have accepted that it is really in my nature to be pressuring people to do things that I want to happen and I think it's for the common good. :)
Since we are spontaneous, we changed the plan of leaving Butuan on December 27 to 28 since majority of us would be available on that date. We left the city at 4 AM, reached Tinuy-an Falls at past 8 and reached the pension house in Mangagoy, Bislig, Surigao del Sur, at past 10. The wedding began at past 3 and we had our reception at past 5.
The theme was Rock 'n Roll and the moment I received the invitation, I was already hesitant about it since what we were thinking was glam rock, gothic rock, punk rock - any kind of rock actually except the Elvis Prestley and Marilyn Monroe era but Hanna assured me that what we had in mind correct and she urged us to be in the theme so that was what I made sure to everybody.
I even had to check everybody in the pension house if they were okay to the point of making fun of Ivy's floral dress by asking her if Hawaiian is already the new rock. Good thing Janice brought a lot of spare dresses that she was able to change her attire. I had to make sure I was speck and span in our room since Ian was my roommate. From my pants, to my towel, to my toiletries, I had to make sure that they're in order because I didn't want to get reprimanded. I also had to minimize my noise. He he he.
I was really touched by Guy and Hanna because they kept on checking us if we were okay, when in fact, it was their day. The ceremony came and we made sure we were properly behaved. I even had to constantly remind Ivy to hold still and move on. Of course it was a joke but some people like Edz thought that Ivy and Guy had a past.
I was surprised to see Guy crying while walking along the aisle. I was even more surprised when I heard him cry while delivering his vow. I thought he only did that to hide some grammatical errors and mispronunciations. Ha ha ha!
Reception came and Junnah and I were the emcees. It's not really my cup of tea to be connecting with the people. Good thing teacher Junnah was there to make the event alive and made everybody responsive. There wasn't any flow of the program so everything was just impromptu. Hopefully, Guy and Hanna liked it.
What impressed me much were the videos that Guy created especially the well-documented wedding preparations. No wonder we are friends - he has the touch of artistry and creativity. He he.
Generally, I thought that their wedding was cool. It wasn't the usual prim-and-proper princess-y kind that not everybody understands and appreciates it. But it is their wedding and what matters is that the couple enjoyed it and so are the people who have joined them in the celebration of their union.
Three down for TAF, technically, 11 more to go. I'm looking forward for another wedding for the group and I'm working on mine. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak your mind.
You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.