Sunday, February 20

Explosion

My Mom is sick. Her helper is sick. My Lola is with them and she's also not well. My Mom's out-patient treatments didn't work so for economy reasons, she needs to be confined and have her medication continued for free. The problem is, her sisters won't take responsibility in taking care of their mother.

I had a chat conversations with one of my Aunts just a few minutes ago. I told her what the issue is. She demanded for money. My sister said the amount is too much. This Aunt is known to be overpricing everything just for the heck of getting money for her jobless husband. I got irritated because while I've been receiving all those rantings from my Mom, Ate was also telling me things on what to do or say or what not. AND I HATE TAKING FUCKING ORDERS. So I hung up the phone. I am not born to be an emotional sponge of people.

So since my Aunt was still online, I blurted out all that I needed to say on behalf of my Mom who couldn't be frank to them.
You need to talk with Auntie Carmen about Lola's case because Mom is about to give up.
She's planning to leave the house now.
You know well enough that when it comes to you, she's not so vocal about how she feels but for all you know she's already fed up of shouldering ALL the responsibilities that you too should have shared with.
To begin with, she's not only your parents' daughter but all her life, she's been through a lot of sacrifice. What's irritating is we, as her children, serve as stress-absorber because she doesn't have the courage to exhale all her grievances against you.
You should also take responsibility. You should also know how Mama feels about this. After all, she's just your sister.
If Mama leaves now, nobody will be left at home. If you won't feel the guilt, be apathetic.

Then I went offline. I know I'm rude. I know I'm harsh. I know I shouldn't have done that but things need to be told to make those blind and numb people aware that they need to take responsibilities of their existence.

This case makes me realize that when I'll reach my old age, I'd rather go to the home for the aged. At least, I won't know that my children are already pushing me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.

You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.