Remember the previous blog that I posted wherein I won over a child in a face-off for a song? Well, I was told by my teacher yesterday through SMS that I would be singing another song - a Spanish one - which I really don't feel like singing. The reason? That brat didn't want to sing "Sa Ugoy ng Duyan" (which I really loved to sing anyway when I was still in the children's choir as it was a contest piece in NAMCYA).
Since she's a kid, and I'm this 27-year old person who has a better understanding, I should be the one to give way and learn this song in a week's time. Waaa! Good luck. What sores me is that foreign songs are difficult to properly pronounce and memorize and being unable to understand the language makes me difficult to give justice to whatever emotion the song warrants for.
On a brighter side, and on the boastful side of me, I thought that my teacher trusts me enough that she has given me a difficult song and the word "bravissimo" demands for a grand performance. God! What have I done to suffer like this?
Since she's a kid, and I'm this 27-year old person who has a better understanding, I should be the one to give way and learn this song in a week's time. Waaa! Good luck. What sores me is that foreign songs are difficult to properly pronounce and memorize and being unable to understand the language makes me difficult to give justice to whatever emotion the song warrants for.
On a brighter side, and on the boastful side of me, I thought that my teacher trusts me enough that she has given me a difficult song and the word "bravissimo" demands for a grand performance. God! What have I done to suffer like this?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak your mind.
You need to have a name and an email address or a valid URL so I would approve your comment. I don't respect anonymity.